Video: Boko Haram claims responsibility for Maiduguri attack as death toll rises to 23 | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Sunday, 11 June 2017

Video: Boko Haram claims responsibility for Maiduguri attack as death toll rises to 23

Boko Haram has claimed responsibility for Wednesday multiple suicide and gun attacks in the Jiddari -Polo area of Maiduguri, Borno State capital.

"We have killed those we can and have left with the bounties of war we are displaying now,” said a voice on a video released by Boko Haram on Saturday, showing the group’s fighters among piles of ammunition and other supplies. We are hale and hearty, contrary to claims that we have been killed,” the voice said.
The Boko Haram fighters attacked Maiduguri’s suburbs with anti-aircraft guns and several suicide bombers. 

The video showed what appear to be Boko Haram fighters moving through the bush with guns and vehicles mounted with heavy weaponry, as well as shots of them holding security passes and other Nigerian military supplies.

“God has enriched us with the arms and ammunition on display, and we shall deploy such weapons we seized against you… the war is still ongoing,” said the video.
“As you look for us in the bush, we shall hunt you in the cities… There is no dialogue between us, only fire for fire.”

The video also showed a man who appears to be Abubakar Shekau, leader of one of two branches of the jihadist group, standing in front of fighters and weaponised vehicles and speaking Arabic, though the Nigerian Army has repeatedly claimed to have killed him.

Meanwhile, death toll from the attack has risen 18 to 23, after emergency rescue teams evacuated 86 victims to University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital (UMTH) and State’s Specialist Hospital for medical attention.

Medical Director of the state Specialist Hospital, Dr. Laraba Bello, disclosed this when she took the Executive Director of Victims Support Fund (VSF), Prof. Sunday Ochoche, round to injured victims admitted in hospital.

She said out of the 32 patients evacuated from the blast scenes, two died on Friday, adding that 23 were discharged, while 29 are responding to treatment for injuries ranging from multiple fractures, trauma and loss of blood from explosives shrapnel.

8 comments:

Teslim Omipidan said...

Tought they said they've supressed these sect. Hmmm. We live in a scripted world.
.
Stream and download old school Naija songs like Sonny Okosun- Which Way Nigeria (1984) | Daddy Showkey- Diana (1999) | IK Dairo- Mo Sorire | Remedies- Shakomo (1998) and lots more. You can thank me later sha.
.
~ Choose an identity

Vivian Reginalds said...

BARBARIANS!
I wish ignorance would just leave y'all but the reverse seems to be the case!
UNA DEY WAIT 100 VIRGINS? I PITY YOUR SOULS!!!

-D great anonymous now as Vivian Reginalds

prince charles said...

Was that the same people who heartilly released 82 girls to Buhari last month? Hmmmmm.....i don't think so.

Chuma Ezeorji said...

I thought BH have been crushed. APC change!!!

Anonymous said...

Good riddance.

These northerners don't deserve any sympathy

Anonymous said...

Those alleged 21 and then 82 chibok girls were not released by boko haram. They were released from the safe place Buhari and his APC government kept them. They would be showcasing the remaining as 2019 approaches. Dirty Nigerian politicians who can do anything to get power.

uncle-P said...

The north and it elite are in support of boko..haram, this will not stop, if a group call northern Elder forum could evict igbos..then why will there and some of the governors not sponsored boko haram?

Anonymous said...

May the souls of the dead rest in peace. May God bring peace upon our land in Jesus name. So sad.

Recent Posts