Photos: Female student electrocuted by high tension wire at Rivers State University | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Thursday, 15 June 2017

Photos: Female student electrocuted by high tension wire at Rivers State University

A yet to be identified student of the Rivers State University was electrocuted on Tuesday, June 13, by a high tension cable. She was found lying near the school main gate shuttle park and and rushed to the Health Care Centre where she was confirmed dead.



According to an eyewitness, the young lady was trying to cross over an erosion following a heavy rain that began in the early hours of that fateful day.
"The erosion  she was trying to to get across had a high tension wire in it as a result of a pole that fell on Monday, June 12th. The deceased had no idea that there was wire in the water."
It was gathered that the school authorities reportedly contacted officials of the PHED to inform them of the fallen cable.

15 comments:

SALOME PINNOCK said...

THE SCHOOL AUTHORITY DIDN'T DO WELL. HAVING NOTICED THE FALLEN ELECTRIC POLE, WHAT STOPPED THEM FROM CORDONING THE AREA SO AS TO PREVENT PEOPLE FROM PASSING? ON THE PART OF THE PHEDC, WHY THE DELAY IN ATTENDING TO THEIR FALLEN ELECTRIC POLE AFTER GETTING THE REPORT THAT A POLE FELL, NOT UNTIL IT HAS TAKEN A LIFE, THAT THEY'LL COME ATTENDING TO IT? THIS IS THE TYPE OF PHEDC WE HAVE IN NIGERIA.
THE FAMILY OF THE DECEASED SHOULD SUE PHEDC FOR THE DEATH OF THEIR CHILD. A COUNTRY WHERE AUTHORITIES NEVER DO A ROUTINE MAINTENANCE CHECK ON THEIR EQUIPMENT, NOT UNTIL SOMEONE DIES BEFORE THEY'LL ATTEND TO SUCH.
JUST YESTERDAY, PHEDC CAME DROPPING THEIR USUALLY FRAUDULENT "ESTIMATED BILL" AND THEN DECIDED TO KEEP US IN DARKNESS ALL THROUGH YESTERDAY, EVEN UNTIL THIS MORNING, BELIEVING THAT, THE RESIDENTS OF THE AREA WILL BE HIGHLY MOTIVATED BY THE BLACKOUT AND GO TO PAY THE BILLS. FRAUDULENT PHEDC! GOD WILL JUDGE THEM ALL!

daniel ubong said...

And they did not do anything about it!nigeria our country. Rip baby.

Anonymous said...

Her family should sue PHED for negligence of such life threatening matter. I'm sure that by the time they part ways with some reasonable millions of Maria, which of course can never bring back the dead, they will learn to respond swiftly to such emergency calls. All they do is go about disconnecting electricity power from those that failed to pay, but will never respond to emergency calls, now look at the great loss their ignorance has caused. This matter should not be swept under the carpet cos she may not be the daughter of a billionaire. The right authorities should take up this. How does it feel to loose a precious child u sent to sch, cos of PHED and thr ignorance.

NaijaDeltaBabe said...

It's just terrible


... Merited happiness

Bank said...

PHED is liable and should be sued. there was wire in the water." It was gathered that

want to get a bigger penis? click here now

the school authorities reportedly contacted officials of the PHED - this is really bad.

LIS_Tiger said...

sad

Esther Norah said...

Kia this is so sad. The parents will b in tears espercially the mum. RIP girl period

Anonymous said...

What a pity

Unknown said...

Rip

Udubraih Patrick said...

Rip

Segun Adegoke said...

This is so traumatic for her family,so Sad! Invest in 24 karat Gold and earn 7 multiple figures. Contact Segun on 08052467442 for details.

Cornelius Chukwu said...

When situations like this occurs someone should be penalized,recently a pregnant woman and her two years old son died in similar circumstance.

Florence Timiala said...

What is happen in our country every month NEPA will light bill yet they will not do anything look at innocent the innocent girl full of dream just died just like that

Vivian Reginalds said...

nawa
-D great anonymous now as Vivian Reginalds

Obioma said...

Hmmm
Na WA oo

Recent Posts