LIS

Wednesday, 2 November 2016

Mother, her three children, two others die in Kogi State after eating Amala

Six people, including a mother, three of her children and two of their neighbours died on Tuesday, Nov. 1st, in Ogaminana area of Okene in Kogi State after eating a meal made from cassava flour.

The Public Relations Officer of the Adavi Local Government, Mr Abdulhamid Salahudeen, who confirmed the tragic incident said that three of the victims died on Tuesday at the Okene General Hospital while the woman and two of her children had earlier died on Monday in their house. 

The woman died along side three of her children; two sons and a daughter while two male children of her neighbour, who also ate the food also died. The children are aged between 9 and 15 years.

Giving further details, Salaudeen said that the mother had on Sunday evening, Oct. 30 brought the cassava flour ( white Amala) from her farmland at Ohuepe village, which she used to prepare dinner for her family and gave some of the food to her neighbour. The victims developed severe stomach pain hours later and died.

He said that neighbours who sensed that the sudden deaths might be due to the cassava flour dinner quickly rushed the remaining three children that partook in the eating to Okene General Hospital where they died on Tuesday.

Salaudeen said that the authority of the local government believed that the cassava flour was poisoned and had informed the police for appropriate  action. A senior nursing officer at the Okene General Hospital, who spoke on condition of anonymity, confirmed the death of the three victims at the hospital.

Meanwhile, Kogi State Governor, Alhaji Yahaya Bello has appealed for calm following the incident. Apart from the ongoing police investigation, the governor said health officials are also investigating the matter.

24 comments:

Udolisa Ugochukwu said...

Please click to this site for free browsing and latest gist http:// Fans2Earn.com/ ?ref=308821

Udolisa Ugochukwu said...

please someone should help me with a security,cleaner or office assistant job..contact and whatsapp me through 08183165717 and 08179336347,or email me udolisa85@gmail.com

livingstone chibuike said...

Quite unfortunate hw people loose dere precious life lately

Iphie Abraham said...

Chei! Sad. May their souls rip








Lib addict#just passing#

Juliet Iwuno said...

Sad! May their souls RIP. Linda take note!

okechukwu nnoduechi said...

NAWA O








AUNTY LINDA 👩

amakaluvlyG said...

this is so sad wonder wat this qorld is turning into ....kindly follow me on LIS please.....amaka osanebi....thanks ....

Vivian Reginalds said...

nawaoooo
-D great anonymous now as Vivian Reginalds

Anonymous said...

Thought amala is made from yam flour n I Com dey see cassava.

Uju Phil said...

Chaiya...RIP dear ones,food poisoning i guess,smh. #Sad

daniel ubong said...

Very sad,may their soul rest in perfect peace Amen.

evy claret said...

Very sad. RIP to them

Eva Da Diva...

dee boi said...

Amala in trouble... dee

Jamila Shaibu said...

Whaooooo!!

Bree said...

Na kogi na..what do u expect..

OSINANL said...

RIP TO THEM...

Odibe Blessing said...

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Eazzy Pompey said...

May their souls rest in peace... So sad

Joyous babe,Linda ikeji first cousin said...

Choi! Nawa o, may their soul rip.

Joyous babe,Linda ikeji first cousin said...

Choi! Nawa o, may their soul rip.

7B9B611E said...

I normally tell friends,dont eat when others are eating at the same time. Especially when u leave without other tenants, neighbors, friends, relatives cos u don't know your close enemies. I bless God. Rip to them. Engr Emy

Eddy Ogbunambala said...

Na waoo

Anonymous said...

Na wa oh

Bini Emmanuella said...

Its probably due to d high cyanide content in d cassava. The cassava flour wasn't properly prepared. My advice also goes to people producing garri pls allow d garri ferment properly before frying.

Recent Posts