LIS

Friday, 4 November 2016

Kogi Amala meal: Death toll rises to 9, hospital suspects cynide poison

A 42-year-old woman and a boy, 10, who also ate the 'poisoned' cassava flour meal in Ogaminana area of Okene in Kogi, died on Thursday, November 3rd, at the Federal Medical Centre, Lokoja, while the third victim is in critical condition.

LIB recalls that a woman, her three children and her neighbours's two kids died between Monday, Oct. 31 and Tuesday,Nov. 1, after eating a meal of cassava flour. 
The woman brought the cassava from her farmland at Ohuepe village, which she used to prepare dinner for her family and gave some of the food to her neighbour. The victims developed severe stomach pains hours later and died.

The Chief Medical Director of the hospital, Dr Olatunde Alabi told newsmen that three victims of the cassava flour meal were rushed to the hospital in critical condition on Wednesday morning from Ogaminana, Adavi Local Government Area, but two of them died Thursday morning.

The boy died at about 4 a.m while the woman gave up the ghost at about 10 a.m, while the third victim, a girl said to be about 13 years, is in critical condition. Dr. Alabi confirmed that seven people actually died between Monday and Tuesday, and not six as reported.Although the cause of the deaths are yet to be officially confirmed, the hospital is suspecting cynaide poison.

"Clinically, we are saying we are suspecting cyanide poison," Alabi said, adding that the hospital staff did their best to save the victims.

Meanwhile, the state government has decided to send the blood samples of the victims for detoxincology test in South Africa.

17 comments:

Uju Phil said...

OMG...Quite disheartening! I pray it's contend,RIP dear ones.#SoSad

Juliet Iwuno said...

What a tragedy. Linda take note!

Onah Erochukwu said...

That state is very good when it come to charm.
Touch their women and see....... ~Nwa_Nsukka

okechukwu nnoduechi said...

NAWA O








AUNTY LINDA 👩



PLEASE KINDLY FOLLOW ME ON LIS @OKECHUKWU NNODUECHI

daniel ubong said...

This is bad now!why all this! Something needs to be done.

livingstone chibuike said...

Too bad. Rip to dem

Iphie Abraham said...

Na wa o. Whoever poisoned that flour must never know peace









Lib addict#just passing#

evy claret said...

So we don't have the machine to run the test here in Nigeria?

Eva Da Diva...

CHERYL (aka FROM GLORY to GLORY) said...

Na wa oo. Cyanide from where? Proper investigation should be done.

Long Live LIB

christie benjamin said...

This is sad!

ijeoma the sexiest said...

It happened close by,I stay in okene

Vivian Reginalds said...

chai nawa
-D great anonymous now as Vivian Reginalds

tochukwu afamefuna said...

Omg rest in peace

Jamila Shaibu said...

Na wa ooo

Nseabasi Ekpo said...

so unfortunate

OSINANL said...

RIP...

Eazzy Pompey said...

This amala of a thing shaa, pls make una stop eating amala over there ooo. Last warning

Recent Posts