According to a report by Leadership.ng, the reason for the search has not yet been revealed but it may not be unconnected with his closeness with former President Goodluck Jonathan. King Turner was away in Bayelsa when his home was ransacked.
Items carted away after the raid included:
1) 60 pieces of £50 note;
2) 46 pieces of £20 note;
3) 113 pieces of $100 note;
4) N5,000 (N1000 note);
5) 230 Indian rupee;
6) Complimentary cards of TRENUR Nigeria Ltd – HRH King A.J Turner, 60 Mississippi, Maitama, Abuja;
7) A document containing account numbers of Miss Havi Mabel Turner; Miss Apelega Inengite; A.J Turner and TRENUR Nigeria Ltd;
8) Income & Expenditure book of M.D Matelbot Oil Nigeria Ltd;
9) A document on campaign fund-raising;
10) Some documents on financial transactions amongst others.