The kidnapping of two toddlers - Toheeb Adedokun and Falilu Tajudeen - has thrown Taike Street, Ketu Lagos into confusion.
The two boys have some things in common. They are three-years-old and live in the same compound at number 18.
Toheeb and Falilu, who are the youngest in the house were kidnapped on Friday, and since then, nothing had been heard of them.
PUNCH Metro learnt that the toddlers were playing in front of the compound when suddenly, no one saw them again.
The parents of the children told our correspondent that no headway had been made since they reported the mysterious disappearance of their children to the police five days ago.
Narrating what occurred on the fateful day, Toheeb’s father, Rasaq Adedokun, said, “I was at work and at about 9pm, my wife called me that she could not find Toheeb, who is the youngest of my three children. She also said people had been looking for him and Falilu since 6pm.
“I went back home and we began a renewed search for them all over the place. He (Toheeb) does not go out of our compound, so I don’t know what happened that day.
“We were told that a woman selling alcoholic drinks close to our street claimed that she saw the two kids. On getting to her, we met a man who promised to bring the kids to us by 1am and he spoke with so much confidence.
“When we called him at the said time, he told us to call again in an hour. When he was not forthcoming, we reported the matter to the police at Ketu division.”
Razaq, a commercial driver, said policemen at the Ketu Police Division, advised them to also make a report at Alapere Division and Mile 12 Police Post.
Falilu’s father, Moshood, said he had been living in the compound for over eight years, adding that no child had ever gone missing even though many families live in the house.
The carpenter lamented that no headway had been made in police investigation as a woman who was arrested had been released.
Meanwhile, PUNCH Metro gathered that there was an attempted kidnapping in the same Ketu area about two weeks ago.
It was learnt that about two weeks ago, a five-year-old boy, Dayo Olubajo, escaped being kidnapped on Ogunkoya Street. A suspect was caught.
Dayo’s mother, Olawunmi, said, “On January 15, 2012, Dayo, who had measles at the time, came to see me where I sell rice. On his way back, a man kidnapped him.
“The man was apprehended by a young man . The suspect was later taken to Ketu Police Division .
The spokesperson for the state police command, Ngozi Braide, said Dayo’s kidnapper had been paraded.
She confirmed the kidnapping of the minors.
She said, “We are making efforts to ensure that the children are returned to their parents safe and sound.
“So far, two people have been arrested and they are at Ketu Police Station. However, they will soon be transferred to SARS for further investigation. One of the suspects had told the parents that he would get the children back and claimed to have information as to their whereabouts last Friday.”