DJ Jimmy JATT is one lucky chap. Life has given him a very fair deal, and he’s enjoying the dividends.Sitting at the very top of his industry, he commands respect from everyone who knows what deejaying should be about, and his followership runs from Lagos to Conakry.Visit him at home, and you’ll find it hard to reconcile the life he’s living (with his wife and two daughters) with the general expectation of how a DJ should live.
All his life, Jimmy has fought to earn respect for himself and for the DJ profession in Nigeria. He has shown, beyond all reasonable doubts, the possibility of surviving as a professional DJ in Nigeria, and he has influenced dozens of jockeys to take the bold step too.
Today, his protegees are scattered around different radio stations, night clubs and bars across the world.Many have passed through the school of deejaying since Jimmy’s early days at Odo street in Obalende, Lagos. And Jimmy himself, who started out as a wannabe rapper, has established himself as the godfather of the art on the continent.
When you think of Ali Baba, you think of how he has held the ladder for several young men to climb; of how he has built an industry out of stand-up comedy and how he brought respect and recognition to an art that existed long before he came on the scene.
Ali Baba made Stand-up comedy fashionable and profitable. Jimmy Jatt has done the same for deejaying.And, if you walk up close and ask him, the itinerant jockey will tell you that all through his career, what has given him satisfaction the most, is working on projects that clearly provide a way and means, for young, unsure talents to find their feet and establish a career for themselves.‘‘That’s why I did the Definition mixtape. I wanted people to hear a lot of those gifted rappers that the industry was not giving a chance. And I’m happy it worked out. That’s why we started the Jimmy’s Jump off on TV too. Those things give me satisfaction, they make me happy and I want to do more’’.And now, the Lagos-based jockey is embarking on yet another major project – a hip hop talent competition hoping to discover new dancers, rappers and DJs.‘‘It’s called Battle Field’’, Jimmy says. ‘‘We’re going to start the preliminaries in April. And we’re hoping to discover guys and girls out there who have what it takes, but have not been able to find a means to express themselves. We’re not promising to sign them on to labels or all that. But we’ll give them worthy prizes, and proper opportunity to establish themselves, using our several media partners, our TV show, and the Jimmy Jatt mixtapes’’
Top 5 ways to fight CELLULITE
Someone sent in an article on the top 5 ways to fight something that nearly 95% of all women have some degree of; CELLULITE. I'm a skinny girl and I have cellulite. Imagine! ;)
Even the 'perfect' Kim Kardashian has cellulite...(left pix)
Researchers say that hormones cause cellulite. Thus, it is not the direct result of being overweight, but the effect that hormones are having on the layer of fat under the skin. This explains why slim people like myself can still get some degree of cellulite.
Here are the Top 5 sure ways to fight CELLULITE
Hope it helps!
1. Exercise. Exercise helps to stimulate blood circulation and speeds up your body's metabolism. Exercise helps to firm up tissue and improves muscle tone.
2. Detoxifying the body is very helpful, as is periodically fasting and cleansing the body. Dong this helps to break down fats and to eliminate accumulated toxins in your body.
3. Water. Drinking plenty of water will help flush out the system and will help release cellulite once it has been broken down by the body and be eliminated properly
4. Eat a healthy diet. Have a diet that features plenty of vegetables and fruits, Grapefruit has also been shown to be effective in increasing metabolism and assisting in the removal of fat as well as in releasing toxins. Adding grapefruits to your diet is a good step as well as drinking pure grapefruit juice.
5. Using herbal essential oils in massage oils is a great way to treat cellulite and to help encourage it to break down. You can make great massage oil that is applied directly to the cellulite areas by using 4 drops of Juniper, 4 drops of Sweet Fennel, and 2 drops of Cypress. Blend this with one ounce of carrier oil such as Sweet Almond or Jojoba Oil. Deep massage techniques are beneficial for breaking down the fat and smoothing the skin.
Photos of the day
Robin Fenty at 10 yrs old
Robin at 21 yrs old
I love tatoos, but there's something distasteful about Rihanna's new tatoo. What does she want with such a violent design?
Anyway, if you know any more ways to fight cellulite, please share with the rest of us.
Have a fab weekend