I'm having a great time...working...boring huh?
I'm spending Christmas with colleagues, holed up in Vera's flat on the Island, (She's either in the UK, Dubai or SA...she travels a lot) working on our 2008 projects.
So what's been happening around the world since Christmas?
Let's check it out together...
Death on Christmas day
On Christmas day, Tuesday 25th 2007, about Forty-two residents of Ikate, Iru Local Council of Lagos State, were burnt to death in a petroleum pipeline fire. The victims of the pipeline explosion, which occurred at Ilagbo Village, a riverine community near Ibagbo-Iru, Victoria Island, Lagos, whose corpses were burnt beyond recognition, have been buried in mass graves near a site close to the scene of the disaster. Most of the victims were said to be women and children. Over 3,000 pieces of 50-litre jerry cans used by the victims to scoop fuel from the scene were recovered. The jerry cans were already filled with petroleum products.
Raz B of B2k is accusing his manager, Chris Stokes, and friend, Marquis Houston of sexual molestation. He put out a Youtube video accusing the two of not only molesting him, but also other members of B2k.
Omarion had this to say about the accusation “I want to be on the record as saying that “Raz B” Thorton and Ricardo Thorton are lying regarding Chris Stokes. Chris is a father figure to myself, and many others in the industry. He’s guided us, helped raised us and is nothing more than an inspiration and someone I respect to and look up to. I have spent countless hours, days, weeks and months with the man since the age of 5 and have never once seen him behave inappropriately. He’s married to my aunt and I know this man very well. I stand behind him with no question whatsoever,”
The things that happen behind closed doors...
A financial dispute might have led to the Christmas Eve slayings of six members of the same family, including two children, whose bodies were found Wednesday inside a rural home near Carnation.
The possible motive emerged late Wednesday after the arrest of 29-year-old Michele Kristen Anderson and her boyfriend, Joseph McEnroe, in connection with the fatal shootings of Anderson's parents, her brother and his wife and the couple's two children, a 6-year-old girl and a 3-year-old boy. Investigators believe Anderson and McEnroe both shot the victims, said one law-enforcement source familiar with the investigation.
Read more on google news.
List of 2007 National Honours recipients
COMMANDER OF THE ORDER OF THE NIGER (CON)
1. ABDULLAHI, Professor Ango
2. ADEREMI, Hon. Justice Pius O.
3. AKIOLU, HRM Oba Rilwan B.O Oba of Lagos
4. EBUTE, Senator Ameh
5. ENEH, Hon. Justice Christopher M.C
6. GALTIMARI, Amb. Usman Gaji
7. GONI, Alh. Mohammed
8. IGBUGBURU X. JP, King W.S. Joshua, IBEANAWEI OF BOMO KINGDOM
9. LAWAL, Dr. Hassan Muhamma
10. MAKAMA, Chief Samuila Danko
11. MOHAMMED, Hon. Justice (Dr.) Ibrahim I
12. MOMOH IV, JP, HRM Oba Akadiri Saliu, Olukare of Ikare land
13. ODUGADE I, Obas Samuel Odulana, Olubadan of Ibadan land
14. RIMI, Dr. Mohammed Abubakar
15. TABAI, Hon. Justice Francis F.
16. UMAR, HRH Alh. Umar Farouk, Emir of Daura.
OFFICER OF THE ORDER OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC (OFR)
1. ADAMU, Professor Mahdi
2. AZUBUIKE, Professor Jonathan C.
3. BA’ABA, Hon. Justice Baba Alkali
4. BABAKAKIN, Chief Bolanle Olawale
5. BANSI, Hon. Justice Bemure S.
6. BULKACHUWA, Hon. Justice Zainab
7. COOMASSIE, Hon. Justice Muhammadu S.M.
8. DOKPESI, High Chief Raymond Aleogho
9. EKWAREMADU, Senator Ike
10. GUMMI, Hon. Justice Lawal H
11. IBIYEYE, Hon. Justice Saka A.
12. IMOHE, mni Amb. Emmanuel Enaruna
13. KALU, Dr. Kalu Idika
14. KARI, Alh. Ahmadu
15. MAIGWARI II, HRH Mal Zubairu Jibril, Emir of Birnin Gwari
16. NDU, Hon. Justice Iche Nwenenda
17. NWAZOTA, Hon. Justice Ibiora
18. OGUNSOLA, Hon. Justice Fasasi
19. OMOLE, Professor Wale
20. ONOVO JP, HRH Igwe Jeremiah Oko
21. ONUGBO, HRM Eze (Dr.) Hope
22. YAKUBU, Professor Nuhu Omeiza
23. YUSUF, Hon. Justice Sanusi Chiroma
24. ZAHRADEEN, Professor Mohammed Sani
OFFICER OF THE ORDER OF THE NIGER (OON)
1. ABATCHA, Alh. Ali
2. ABDULLAHI, Dauda Ahmad
3. ABDULLAHI mni, Alh. Abdulrahman M
4. ABDULRAHMAN, Maj. Gen. S.A
5. ADEBAYO, Alh. Abdulrahim
6. ADEBUSOYE, Prof. Paulina Makinwa
7. ADEBUTU, Chief Kesington A.
8. ADEBIYI, Gloria O
9. ADEMOWO, Most Rev. Ephraim Ademola
10. ADEOYE, Mr. Adebayo S. DIG
11. AGBOIFO, Pharmacist (Sir) Samuel E.
12. AJAKAIYE, Prof. Deborah
13. AJAYI, Dr. Herbert Ademola
14. AKAIYEJO II, JP, Alaiyeluwa Obas Samuel Adegoke Adeboye THE OGOGA OF IKERE-EKITI
15. AKINFEMIWA, Mr. Akinsola. A
16. ALIYU, Dr. Abdullahi
17. ALKALI, Arch. John L.S
18. ASKIRAMA II, Alh. Mohammed
19. AWOFODU, AVM S.I
20. BALOGUN, Mrs. Hairat A
21. BENSON-IDAHOSA, Rt. Margaret
22. BIDA, Prof. Shehu
23. BINDAWA, Amb. Ibrahim Mu’awiya
24. BUWAI, mni, Alh. HM
25. DAMBO, Dr. Lawal
26. DANKWAMBO, Alh. Ibrahim Hassan
27. DZANMA, Maj.-Gen HM
28. EBONG, Bartholomew Bassey
29. EFEIZOMOR II, JP, HRH Dr. Emmanuel O. Obo of Owa Kingdom
30. EMUREN, Mrs. Elizabeth B.P
31. EPHRAIM, Dr. (Engr.) Roland B.
32. ESHIORHOAMBER HRH (Dr.), Alh. Dirisu Andrew Yusuf, OKUOKPELLAGE OF OKPELLA
33. ESIRI Justus
34. FALETI, Adebayo
35. FOLARIN, Mrs. Wonu
36. GEIDAM, Alh. Baba Duna
37. HARRY, Dr. Kalada
38. HASSAN, Prof. Abba Waziri
39. IBRAHIM, Mr. Solomon Baba
40. IBUTEME-SPIF,F Prof. Ayebaemi
41. IKPEAZU, SAN, Dr. Onyechi
42. ITA, High Chief Ita Ekanem
43. IWEZE, Prof. Felicia A.
44. JALINGO, Dr. Ahmed Usaman
45. JANFA, mni, Mrs. Susan
46. JONAH, Rear. Admiral G.J.
47. KESHI, Amb. J.C
48. MADUBUEZE, Mrs. Juliet. A
49. MAHMOOD, Engr. Sadiq M
50. MAILAFIYA, HRM, Alh. Mohammadu, Emir of Shani
51. MAKINDE, Chief Moses A
52. MANSSA, Chief John Eddie
53. MATANKARI, Mr. Solomon Danasabe
54. MOHAMMED, Alh. Yusuf
55. MOHAMMED, Dr. Safiya. I
56. MUAZU, mni, Alh. Magaji
57. MUKHTAR, Alhaji Ibrahim
58. NDUGBU, Chief (Mrs.) Agatha
59. NWACHUKWU, Mrs. Gwendolyn T.T
60. NWOSU, Mr. Japh C.T
61. ODUGBEMI, Prof. Tolu
62. OGUNBAMBI, mni, Dr. Rafiq O.A
63. OGUNLANA, Prof. Ebenezer O
64. OJO, Prof. Samuel Adeoya
65. OKEKE, Chief (Dr.) Simon N.
66. OKENWA, Engr. Raymond N.
67. OKPOKO, SAN, Chief Thompson J.O.
68. OKWUOSA, Dr. (Mrs.) Adaoha C
69. OLATUNBOSUN, Chief Dupe
70. OLUSI, Mr. Tajundeen Oluyele
71. ONYEKWERE, Mr. Chima A.
72. OPUTU, Ms. Evelyn
73. ORKURGA, Prof. Malu Abraham
74. OTUKOYA, Mr., Folorunsho
75. OYINGBENU, Mr. Otaki
76. PETERS, Mr. Samuel
77. RINGIM, Mr. Uba B
78. SATOMI, Alh. Garba Abba
79. SHEHU, Prof. Riskuwa A.
80. SOLANKE, SAN, Chief Folake
81. TALBA, Alh. Ibrahim
82. UZODIKE, Engr. Gilbert Ajulu
83. YAHAYA, HRH (Dr.) Haliru Ndanusa, Emir of Shonga
84. ZUOFA, Senator Amatari
MEMBER OF THE ORDER OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC (MFR)
1. ABDULLAHI, Alh. Sarki
2. ABUBAKAR, Alh. Ibrahim Magaji
3. ABUBAKAR, Alh. Mohammed, FNIM
4. ADAMU, Dr. Amos
5. AGANMONMEN (JP), Chief Vincent Esebanmen
6. AJAGU, Dr. Ausbeth Nnamdi
7. AJAYI, Mr. Peter
8. AKAR, Mr. Suhail
9. ALHASSAN, Engr. Mohammed Sani
10. ALI, Alh. Abba
11. AYIH, HRH Sylvester Oho
12. ABA, Alh. Inuwa
13. BUENO, Prof. Vince Del
14. BEBA, Alh. Mohammed Abubakar
15. ENVULUANZA, Alh. Halilu
16. EZEH, Dr. Christopher Ikechi
17. GADANYA, Dr. Mukhtar Ahmed
18. GALADANCHI, Alh. Wakili
19. GARBA, mni, Alh. Yusuf
20. GOLAU, Col. T.K
21. HEZEKAIH, Rev. Prof. Daddy
22. IDAY, Mr. David O
23. IHEBOM, Ferdinand Okechukwu
24. IHEDIGBO, Dr. Steve L
25. JAGAFA, Mr. Ishaya A
26. KABIR, Alh. Mohammed
27. KONKWOR, Dr. Paul A
28. LAMIDO, Alh. Muazu
29. MOHAMMED, HRH Alh. Ismaila D
30. NDUKWE, Dr. Azaike Chimaoge
31. NOK, Prof. Andrew Jonathan
32. OBAGUN, Chief Muraino O
33. OKEY, Ntufam Dr. Itafo Joe
34. OKOLO, Dr. Simon Chukwuemeka
35. ONAKPASA, Dr. (Mrs) Christie
36. ONYECHERE, Mr. Ike
37. SAIDU, Alh. Salisu
38. UMAR, (Retd) Brig. –Gen. Mohammed A.
39. UMODEN, High Chief Gabriel E
40. YAKUBU, Alh. Zakari
41. YAKUBU, HRH Alh. Dr. Ahmadu42. YERO, Yenusa Hamman
Courtesy of Sunnewsonline.com
BTW, I just joined Facebook and I have absolutely no idea what it's about...or how to work it. But y'all can check it out if you know how to get there...lol. I used my name. I don't know how often I'm so supposed to go there or how to reply mails, so pardon me if I don't respond to a mail or a request quickly. But I'll figure it out in no time.
Will be back tomorrow. Cheers.